- Take a winter walk along the Hawksbill Greenway and then stop at one of Luray’s restaurants for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
- After your meal, consider taking in a movie at our old style charming Page Theater.
- Bundle up under the heavenly stars around a crackling campfire on a cold night while sipping hot seasonal spiced wine or hot chocolate.
- Visit the regional wineries on the Blue Ridge Whiskey Wine Loop and sample their specialties; we recommend the full bodied dry red wines during winter months.
- Tour the Luray caverns and their local museums and enjoy the consistently warm 55 degrees on a cold winter day!
- Sample the regional culinary specialties at local diners and restaurants such as Pumpkin Roll, Pumpkin Pie and other spiced desserts
- We recommend and Griffin Tavern in Flint Hill, and Thornton River Grill in Sperryville.
- Bundle up and stroll through the shops and streets of old towns to admire the country holiday decorations,.
- Visit the Art Warehouse in Luray and Rappahannock Central in Sperryville for a large and wide variety of exceptional art work and jewelry.
- Take in the local holiday season small town events and performances.
- Go skiing, sledding, or snow tubing at Massanutten Resort.
- On a cold day, relax in front of fireplace or wood stove with a quilt, good book and cookies.
Winter Top “Must Do”s
Posted in: News & Information|