New for 2019!
Virginia Wine Travel Journal by Nancy Bauer
Purchase Journal Here – Use discount code ESCAPE!
New wineries and cideries, new Wine Country Getaway Weekend itineraries, behind-the-scenes articles, Winery VIP Experiences, plus which Virginia wineries offer dining and lodging.
And now featuring the Blue Ridge Whisky Wine Loop!
Perfect for plotting getaways, checking off winery visits, taking notes, and picking up insider tips.
Check out this wonderful story about the Blue Ridge Whisky Wine Loop in the Travel Courier Magazine written by Greg Coates. Discover Shenandoah and the Blue Ridge Wine/Whisky Loop. Thrilling for all of our partners to receive this international coverage.
Below is the article from the Toronto magazine.
Click on image to view full size story.
Click on image to view full size story.
The entire magazine can be downloaded here:
Travel Courier – Toronto.
We are EXCITED! See what Wine Enthusiast Magazine had to say about the Blue Ridge Whiskey Wine Loop here.
“If you only have two days for a wine drive, hop in the car and head to Virginia’s northern Blue Ridge Mountains. This compact wine-tasting route offers seven wineries and a whiskey distillery to explore, along with gorgeous natural scenery tracing the northern part of Shenandoah National Park.”
Spring is a fabulous time to explore the Blue Ridge Whisky Wine Loop!
Spend the night, a few days, weekend!
Cabins, Bed and Breakfasts, Shenandoah National Park Lodging to a beautiful Historic Inn!
Springtime . . . . on the Blue Ridge Whiskey Wine Loop!
Take it all in! New Wine Releases, Anniversary Celebrations, Live music, Great hikes and so much more!
Follow these direct links to these websites:
Looking for a place to Stay on the Blue Ridge Whiskey Wine Loop? From Cabins to Bed and Breakfasts to a Historic Inn
Recommended Winter Top “Must Do”s !
- Take a winter walk along the Hawksbill Greenway and then stop at one of Luray’s restaurants for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
- After your meal, consider taking in a movie at our old style charming Page Theater.
- Bundle up under the heavenly stars around a crackling campfire on a cold night while sipping hot seasonal spiced wine or hot chocolate.
- Visit the regional wineries on the Blue Ridge Whiskey Wine Loop and sample their specialties; we recommend the full bodied dry red wines during winter months.
- Tour the Luray caverns and their local museums and enjoy the consistently warm 55 degrees on a cold winter day!
- Sample the regional culinary specialties at local diners and restaurants such as Pumpkin Roll, Pumpkin Pie and other spiced desserts
- We recommend and Griffin Tavern in Flint Hill, and Thornton River Grill in Sperryville.
- Bundle up and stroll through the shops and streets of old towns to admire the country holiday decorations,.
- Visit the Art Warehouse in Luray and Rappahannock Central in Sperryville for a large and wide variety of exceptional art work and jewelry.
- Take in the local holiday season small town events and performances.
- Go skiing, sledding, or snow tubing at Massanutten Resort.
- On a cold day, relax in front of fireplace or wood stove with a quilt, good book and cookies.
Colorful Fall Foliage
Here are just a few ideas for ways to enjoy the colorful autumn season as you Discover Shenandoah. Colors are just about peaking along the Blue Ridge.
- Hike a trail to a scenic ridge in the Shenandoah National Park – try to identify the numerous late summer/fall mushrooms along the way.
- Stroll through the numerous flea markets and antique shops along the Blue Ridge Whiskey Wine Loop. Take a walk through the town of Sperryville and have lunch or dinner at the Thornton River Grill. Visit the Copper Fox distillery while in Sperryville.
- Buy and eat fresh apples of numerous varieties grown in regional orchards and eat as many delicious fall apples as you can; look for country quilts and other fall season local made preserves, honey and specialties while buying apples.
- Stop at Griffin Tavern in Flint Hill for lunch and then go to Rappahannock Cellars and Desert Rose Winery just down the road for nice glass of red wine and take in the fall colors of the Blue Ridge Mountains.
- If staying in Luray, you can enjoy an evening of comfortable dining at the Artisans Grill, Mimslyn Inn (recommend checking for scheduled live music nights), or for Mexican Food visit Rancho Viejo.
- Tour the magnificent Luray Caverns and Shenandoah Valley Museum in Luray; or, the Shenandoah Caverns and the New Market Civil War Battlefield.
- Stop at Valley Star Farm on Rt 340 north of Luray to pick up some pumpkins and try finding your way through the Corn Maze
- Picnic or grill at Lake Arrowhead and take a walk around the lake to enjoy the surrounding mountain views and wildlife.
- Try a trail ride with Jordan Hollow Stables in Stanley or in Shenandoah National Park. A great way to appreciate the fall colors.
Pumpkins at Valley Star Farm
Check out our Blue Ridge Whiskey Wine Loop Video: Click here:
Enter to “WIN” a GOLD PACKAGE Ticket: Click here:
Celebrate on the Loop! (Photo taken at DuCard)
- Summer Solstice featuring Ron Kemp – Saturday, June 21st from 2:30 – 5:30 pm.
- Mark the date, July 9th – Anniversary Celebration with Live Music!
- For the latest events check out Gadino’s web page.
Sharp Rock Vineyards
- Did you know they offer Bed and Breakfast Cottages for overnight stays? Open Friday and Saturday’s! Bed and Breakfast cottages are open year-round!
- Enter to win a weekend stay at Sharp Rock Vineyards: Click here to enter.
- In the Tasting Room you can enjoy the 2011 Pinnacle (Malbec/Merlot), classic 2011 Synergy (Petit Verdot/Merlot), 2012 Savignon Blanc and many more!I
- Barrel Room Food & Wine Pairing Program (New) – click here to make reservations!
- “Lawn Games”, June 21st with “Live” music from Jon Fritz
- Get all the details at DuCard Vineyard web site
Desert Rose Winery and Ranch
- Happy Anniversary – Bob and Linda just celebrated “50” years of marriage bliss!
- New Wine Club! Visit the winery to learn about their Posse Wine Club!
- Open Thursday – Monday, 1 pm – 6 pm
- Wine and Whiskers Adoption Day, June 28th from 2pm – 4 pm
Wisteria Farm & Vineyard
- Cooking a new dish? Try including “Olive Oil” from Wisteria!
Copper Fox Distillery
- Have you taken a tour yet? Offered daily Monday – Saturday: On the hour 10 am – 5 pm AND open Sunday’s 1-5 pm
- On-site offerings: Wasmund’s™ Single Malt Whisky, Copper Fox® Rye Whisky, Vir®Gin, Barrel Kits, Wasmund’s™ Single Malt Spirit, and Wasmund’s™ Rye Spirit.
Chester Gap Cellars
- Open Friday and Saturday’s – enjoy wine at the northern tip of Rappahannock County – at over 1,000 feet elevation!
- Open 7 days a week with Events 5 days a week: Click here for Events
- Sunday Brunch starts at 10:30 weekly!
- Trivia Night every Thursday
- Daily Specials announced on their Facebook page!
- Live Music this month includes: Eddie Picket solo, Five by Five band, Robbie Limon Band, The Vinyl Tracks, Medicine and Bryan Elijah Smith and Jay Austin
- Incredible lunch specials – open daily (Closed Tuesday)
- After lunch check-out their Art Gallery next store!
- LIVE music every Friday night, 7 pm – 9 pm
Thornton River Grille
- Offering Breakfast Tuesday – Saturday (8 am – 10 am)
- Enjoy lunch and dinner – daily (Closed Monday)
- Sunday Brunch from 10-3 pm
The Mimslyn Inn
- Wine Dinners every Friday and Saturday night! Click here for additional information
- Front Porch Dining season is here! Early Bird Menu specials from 5-6 pm
- Afternoon Champagne Tea! Thursday, Friday and Saturday – 3 – 4 pm
- The Mimslyn Inn’s ‘Speakeasy’ offers LIVE music: Thursday, Friday, Sunday
Shenandoah National Park
South Court Inn Bed and Breakfast
- This Inn is located in the heart of downtown Luray – Click here to visit the website for upcoming availability
- GOLD VACATION PACKAGE! The winning couple has been selected for the first prize