The inspiration for Hawksbill Brewing Company originated in 2015 with the local farms of Page County. They set out with the goal of using local ingredients in their beers whenever possible.
“From the farm, to the kettle, to the keg, to the glass – that’s why we say our beers are “grown here, brewed here!”
The brewery features several beers on regular rotation. Pilot recipes and seasonal beers are frequently on tap as well, and they use visitor feedback to decide which ones to promote to a full 5-barrel batch.
Regular Beers are:
- Brown Cow Chocolate Milk Stout (6.1% ABV, 30 IBU) – True to style, our chocolate milk stout is the darkest beer we make. Its flavor comes from chocolate malt and cacao nibs – and from time to time they can make variations of it to feature adjuncts, such as blackberries from Luray’s own Survivor Farm.
- Shenandoah Sunrise Porter (6.5% ABV, 31 IBU) – The name for this beer originates from the first time we brewed the pilot recipe on a chilly April morning. It’s a malt-forward dark beer, and we often serve it on Nitro as well as CO2.
- Farmer’s Brown Ale (6.2% ABV, 22 IBU) – They were after an English Brown Ale style with this beer, and we think we’re close, but let’s call it a Virginia Brown! Caramel malts and flavors abound.
- Hooray for Luray IPA (6.3% ABV, 55 IBU) – Their hoppiest standard offering, our IPA features hop additions of Cascade, Chinook, and Citra – with locally-grown Cascades from Hawksbill Hop Yards whenever they are available.
- The Haymaker Cream Ale (5.9% ABV, 18 IBU) – Their operations manager wanted a beer inspired by the hard work going on at the farms here in Page County, so they chose a true American style, the cream ale. The Haymaker’s crisp golden refreshment will invite you to settle in for a second pint, especially after in the tractor seat!
- In addition, the tap room offers Boo Beer, a root beer made from local honey, as a non-alcoholic treat for visitors.
Hawksbill Brewing Company
22 Zerkel Street
Luray, VA 22835
Open – Summer Hours
Wednesday/Thursday: 4 – 8 PM
Friday/Saturday: 12 PM – 8 PM
Sunday: 1-6 PM